06-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #22
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

when someone asked your experience level you said:

Quote:
I have one BMW driving experience weekend, another track weekend and I also have an Indy car driving experience
so really 2 track days in your car, which you have to admit sounds like you are a beginner. What kind of response were you expecting? If you have so much experience already, why are you asking questions on an internet forum?

idk, people only try to help. Here's the way I see it: you said you had stock pads and non-synthetic fluid, and were overheating the brakes. So then you went out and bought Stoptechs. Did you even think to maybe try a different fluid and possibly a different pad compound with your factory brakes first? And are you still on street tires? A BBK with a race pad may be too much bite for street tires on the track.

At this point, I think your best course of action would be to call those brake pad manufacturers and tell them what your exact setup and vehicle weight is. They will be able to recommend the correct pad compound for that combination. fwiw, I have been pretty happy with carbotech pads, but my car weighs <2,200 lbs, so you would need a different compound than me. you can check out http://www.ctbrakes.com/ for more info.
Appreciate 0