07-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #50
Wduck
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan, auto black

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
With your logic, you might as well saying that BMW should start selling Avant Garde + VMR for making CSL Rep's. THe reason why there is a problem with Wagner copying Helix's design is that it's unique. Prior to Helix, nobody was using a stepped intercooler design for the N54/N55.

Like I mentioned, we'll see what happens with VRSF's new products once they're released. YES, if there's no patent or copyright infringement, then there's no legal conflict. Is it "low" for a company to come out of no where & copy another company's proven & highly successful IC design?? YES
Yes, it would be "low" but this is not the case. Who came out with the first aftermarket upgraded intercooler for the N54? Not the stepped design. But the others. Does that make everyone else that came out with one afterwards "low"? No. Just because they used the stepped look doesn't mean its a copy. I don't believe that they could make a core that would be comparable and sell it at their gb price without losing money. With the space constrictions that they're working within, there's not a lot of room to be different. The design seems to be one of two that we can use without shredding the front of the car. As far as VRSF goes, I was talking about their downpipes. They look like the first aftermarket dp's that were made but I'm not expecting an explanation. I'm just going to buy them. I'm sure if people can afford it, they'll get the Helix. If not they'll get another brand but, and I'm not trying to start a war here, I believe the people that do purchase the Wagner IC are really wanting the Helix but don't want or can't swing the extra money. I don't know anyone purchasing the Wagner because it's a Wagner. No offense. I believe quality and word of mouth will win out and we shouldn't stress about it.
Appreciate 0