12-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #26
Michael BD
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M340iXDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemballa1980 View Post
Bought directly from Helix.. If you ask em nicely they will honor the 'group buy' price.. I ordered the extra J-Pipe and got it shipped via a 3rd party shipping company to get it at that price. If you get it sent directly from Helix to you, add an extra $100.

No idea about the AMS.. To be honest I think any FMIC would be a big improvement and you'd be happy no matter which you went with. You probably wouldn't notice a world of difference going from company 1 to company 2, as long as it's a well known brand (Helix, AMS, ETS, HPF etc..)

I liked Helix because it didn't require cutting of the front bar, and had a large front face. I also thing the quality is top-notch (not to say the others aren't). I will say that the Helix does weigh a fair bit (probably slightly more than others given its size) so if you're looking at weight reduction, it may be something to consider.. Probably not a big deal, but it all adds up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Peter from advan was quite impressed with my ams fmic fwiw
Thanks guys, for the advice, seems both would be good for what I want to use my car for (street only).

What sort of cost should I budget for installation?
Appreciate 0