View Single Post
      01-05-2012, 02:15 AM   #22
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

did you test drove the 2012 z06 or the pre 2012 model. i was always under the impression that the new z06 would easily out handle the gs by a long shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyfrc View Post
I just test drove one of these, and while I was less than thrilled with the C6Z06, I was really impressed with the GS!

The GS felt much more composed than the Z06 power to weight was better matched giving much more driver confidence. The steering has improved over the years and while it wasn't as sharp as the Z4MC I feel that with a good alignment you could get it really close. As far a transmissions are concerned the I would say it's a draw. The Z4M trans is less than perfect(notchy 1-2) and you certainly feel the syncros in the vette however, shifts are precise and swift. Overall ride quality goes to the GS, it's a little more docile when you're just cruising in that it's not as loud and, you feel roads bumps about 20% less than you do in the M. The last area to look at is the engine and man does the GS deliver, it's really fast! On flat stretches of road with low traffic in the M you can floor it and let the S54 sing to it's redline. In the GS there no time for that; It's a brutal burst of acceleration requiring you to focus on what's ahead and grabbing that next gear which comes VERY quickly.

All that to say, I'm certain the GS will be my next car!
Appreciate 0