View Single Post
      09-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #49
m-technik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335, E36 Ti, Porsche 986

I just came back from spending a month in Germany driving on the german autobahns and I'll tell you that it's not speeding that's the issue that's causing accidents, it's lack of driver training and automobile/truck inspections. It's much more dangerous having 90 yr old grandpa sputtering down the hwy in the left lane in his 81 caddilac with bald tires and no brakes than it is having a properly maintained car/truck with a properly trained driver going 40k over our hwy speed limits. If our government actually cared for the good of the people they would implement similar measures put forth in Germany, however, they are only in it to line their own pockets, that's why they always take the easy way out. Pathetic, isn't it?
Appreciate 0