Neon01
BMW Nut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 X5 35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
You should take some time to inspect how this install was really wired. It could be possible that there are some phase problems (speaker + and - wires swapped).
I physically checked each of the inputs and outputs from/to the harness that you made. The previous owner your HU harness, only without the additional 9 wire bundle that takes the speaker outs to the back, which I simply duplicated with 18g speaker wire.

I tried testing resistance on the subs, and they show the appropriate 2 ohms each, but the front speakers won't settle on a reading for the resistance test. They WILL, however, read the appropriate 4ohms when tested for continuity with my digital multimeter. I'm not technical enough to know the difference there, or why the result is different. I suspect that it has something to do with the crossovers for the comps messing with the way resistance is tested? I know there are (small) caps in crossovers, so that would probably explain the variation if the multimeter is actually providing a miniscule current to test resistance.

Is there a way I can test polarity with a multimeter or source?