View Single Post
      03-20-2011, 01:18 AM   #8
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostomni View Post
My first track day was a very fun, very humbling experience. I have driven in canyons my whole life living in California, but holy shit!!! My first session I went out alone, the next I went with an instructor, and the third I went alone again.

The first session was pretty intimidating even for an experienced driver never being on the track. I was in the beginner group and was just trying to learn the correct lines, apexes, etc. while getting a feel for the speed and intensity of the whole experience.

The second session the instructor took me out and drove a few laps showing me the correct lines of the track and how hard I can take the corners.. pretty much all the basics. Flash forward to the end of the day his first lap was 5 seconds better than my best. I have a new found respect for professional drivers, he got in my car and straight up and drove it better then I ever had in 2 years, of course hes a pro, but I was still humbled.

My third session out I started to get the hang of the course and my own personal limitations being a rookie, needless to say.. Cant wait to get more track time under my belt.. IM HOOKED!!

Notes from my trip:
- The oil temps did get high, an aftermarket oil cooler is smart.
- I'm running a stock FMIC, my obvious next upgrade.
- Get a better nights sleep (3 hours is rough..)
- Damn glad I sprung for the instructor...
- I should have done this sooner!

-lost omni

Congrats, sounds like a good time.

You definitely need a good night rest before getting on the track.

What kind of tires are you on? and what setting did you have the coils set to?
Appreciate 0