View Single Post
      10-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #392
CJ421
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Today ended up being no rain at all; slate gray skies and temps in the mid-40s. The turbo pulled nicely. Lots of people didn't show up because they thought it was going to rain (everyone did), and the last sessions since so few people were left we ran combined green/black and then another one with yellow/red (they told us it was a new group called orange ). No incidents.

I can't see myself coming back here unless there's a really good reason. And that won't be for the track itself. At least now I can say I did Pocono ... right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM1 View Post
Pocono 101:

- There's a 99% chance of rain, regardless of season
- They'll tell you the morning fog is normal, seriously. Most of my first AM sessions there have either been blackflagged because the flaggers cannot see each other or ran completely under yellow due to heavy rain.
- The only remotely-interesting configurations are the full oval or a minimum of 2 main straights connected by a banked turn (no double-infield crap or North course only).
- 1 day a year at Pocono is more than enough.
We had half of Turn 3 of the oval, then the infield transition and back out to the oval. I had fun, but it wasn't much in the way of excitement. I would have liked to do the full oval ... there were just a few cones in the way and my front lip is too expensive.
Appreciate 0