View Single Post
      01-24-2008, 09:23 PM   #42
Tuned335i
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
Here is another thread convincing me to not get proceed and maybe not get any other tune as well.

But the sheer numbers of proceed issues is getting pretty rediculous though.
A properly installed, tested, and adapted PROcede with good gas in the tank will not throw a limp mode.

The OP is obviously an intelligent person because they had V1.47 installed for a while with no issues. The OP needs to remove the PROcede entirely and take the car back to stock. Then reinstall, triple checking wiring, ground, and power connections, test with bypass plugs, then test exactly per the install instructions. Make sure the battery is disconnected. He must not skip any sections even if they seem redundant. Nearly every V2 install issue is caused by a loose ground, loose intercept connection, failure to test with bypass plugs, failure to disconnect the battery during install, failure to test exactly per the instructions, and other user-caused issues. It's incredibly easy to accidentally disconnect one of the intercept splices. And you can't tell if they're connected securely by feeling them through the tape. You have to remove all the tape and retape.

Reading the forum for a while about other's problems helps too. Reading the forum would eliminate the posts of people complaining "oh no! my car is boosting 14.8 PSI with 90% torque settings!!" because they would know that every car is different and reacts differently to the piggyback. Some cars boost high and some boost low. That's it. There's nothing wrong. That's why the user torque settings are there, to allow the user to customize the tune to maximize power output.

Your comment and those from Garrett contribute exactly ZERO to this thread and the forum. You guys who get off by hiijacking threads with the sole purpose of bashing a product or company you don't like should be banned.
Appreciate 0