boxter
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky66 View Post
Shiv stated in the documentation thread on his site:

"Map2 is a dedicated high output Race gas/Methanol map. With user Torque set to 90%, Ignition Correction set to 0% and Stg 3 hardware installed on the car, this map will run 120-125mph trap speeds. For obvious reasons, it is disabled in the User Adjustable menu (both ON and OFF button maps are set to Map1). More on this later. Please do not activate this map until we release the methanol documentation over the next few days. This is a serious map. Do not take it lightly."

I'm assuming by reading the above, that if you select either Map 1 or 2 via the DTC button it will still only go to Map 1.............just make sure you don't change the settings in the "User Adjustable Parameters". Leave both "On" and "Off" button Map settings to select Map 1 as installed and you won't risk accidently going into Map2.

I checked this issue this morning:

1)Map2: by default with the stage 1,2 or 3 (map 10-9), UT=60% and Ign.Correction=100.
2) When you push DTC bottom (with default adjusts) swicht to 1 and 2.

After that, I will not use the map2 until SHIV tells me something. Although I think that map1=map2, with differents set up. If it is difference now, SHIV must lock the selection from DTC bottom.
Appreciate 0