View Single Post
      10-11-2009, 12:49 PM   #41
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Gentle usability suggestion.

Shiv, why don't you adopt better naming standards for the releases. I mean all this stuff gets confusing to people. Make it idiot proof. Call all the releases firmware, user software, and maps the same version number for everything that goes together. If you come out with a new map that only works with a newer release of firmware, just release a new version with the same major version number even if nothing has changed. All version 3.0 software, maps etc ought to be compatible. You can 3.04, 3.1 map etc, but it should all be able to work with every other combination of version 3.xx Next one is 4.xx for everything across the board. As it is now, its confusing where firmware is v141 Maps 10-9 user software 3.121.... you get the picture. Unless I am really paying attention and reading stuff in detail, I can easily get lost. A side benefit is it will reduce tech support calls from people who fubar the updates. Less people mixing stuff and then coming on here saying "oh my God, my dash lit up like a chrismas tree with a gazzilion ses, cel, puking godzilla icon, etc after I isntall PROCede. It broke my car..bra, bra, bra."