parapaul
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOUCH View Post
hi there been looking to do the same with my 2006 m sport e91 recently fitted genuine mv3's ( wider rears.) have looked at several posts and have spoken to couple of suppliers who both have said to go bigger than 12mm on rear or may cause scuffing on inside or arch, the fronts dont look as lost in the arch as the rears and I want the rear track of the car to be wider than the front (prefer that look) but they both advised should go no more than 5mm per side on front, yet have read and seen posts stating 12mm front and 15mm rear fits inside arch's fine no problems. Did you fit spacers to front as well? have you had any problems since you fitted the rears. sorry to bother you just trying to get it right 1st time as dont live near enough to any suppliers to drop in and try various sizes and now confused which size to go for......doh.... and would like feed back from someone with same model as mine before I go ahead...Cheers in advance Houch
I think 12mm applies to the LCI models as they have a wider rear track already. For 100% definite, the 15mm spacers have not caused me any issues, even after lowering.