United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Space Gray 328i

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrjinsa View Post
Yours sounds minor compared to mine. Mine would tick even in 100 degrees. Would happen 50% of the time. Did go away after warming up but at times, when idling at lights, etc., the ticking was embarassingly loud. I used to think, gee, I hope it's not doing this by the time I pick up my hot date. It would go way eventually but then there were the times it took longer than usual.

Yours may be normal ticking if it's not too loud. Is it like really loud?

I had the same concerns -- would BMW screw up my great car? They did a fine job on mine though...was out of my hands for a week but it's been great since. No issues. Purrs like a kitten.

Mr. Dummy I see why you're on the fence here.... Do have them check it and see if they think it's the same issue we're talking about. The big question I have for you, though, is this -- is it really loud ticking? There's a difference between normal sounds and this obvious clang clang clang.

I WISH there was an audible sound byte on youtube or somewhere that would let me here a NORMAL ticking sound and an ABNORMAL one?

I can hear it at drivethru windows with windows down bouncing off the walls, and when its cold I can hear it from about 5-6 feet away with hood down walking up to the car? Is that normal?

Does any one have a sound byte of NORMAL ticking by any chance?
Appreciate 0