View Single Post
      08-27-2012, 02:28 PM   #33
WilliamS
GoofBall
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 N54 Xdrive

I sell Fords for a living, its what pays for my BMW in fact. To compare a 335 and a 5.0 Mustang would be like comparing a Mansion in Miami to a Castle in England. Same concept huge houses, lots of silly stuff us mortals dont need, and each will have something the other wont.

Owning my 335xi with JB4, I believe I can pace one to 60mph. After that Im not sure of the outcome. The hard part is that they do not weigh much more, they have more power, more torque, and overall its a touring car. They are amazingly more comfortable at speed than my BMW. The BMW I never lose any sense of the road under me, the Mustang you start to get to triple digit numbers and it smooths out like an airplane.

Comparing interiors is completly stupid. I said it, so you guys saying its not as nice, no $hit Sherlock. One costs upwards of 50k or more loaded up. A 5.0 Convertible with every bell and whistle wont get that high. If it did the invoice and rebates will pull it down to reality. So apples and apples new, Mustang Coupe Premium with a 6 speed is 34k. The BMW 335i coupe starts at 45k. I will keep the complications of Bluetooth, Audio systems, Navigation, and such out of it. Right from the factory the 5.0 already has the speed and power advantage, and if you havent pushed one into a corner, your magazine racing, you have no point thats worth saying so keep your trap shut. The BMW for 10k more going to be slower, get similar fuel milage, although requires premium, but will have a nicer interior.

For all you magazine Ricer types, where you point is add a JB4, Meth, Bolt on, and so on. New to New once again. Your at we will say a conservative 50k for the BMW, and what 400-450hp to the wheels? Throw a Kenne Belle 2.8 on the 5.0 for 6500 bucks. Now you have 525-550hp to the wheels and your still havent spent 40k.

Side by side they are sporty cars. One is a muscle car, one is a luxury car. Lets not confuse the two. As thier similaritys are far outweighed by thier differences.

Also for the Fanboys I know your out there, lets not throw the M3 into the mix. 60k starting, but guess what the Shelby with 662hp is also 60k. Same driver in each car, it wont be hard to find which one is the bigger bad ass of sports cars. Like I said magazine racing is junk, line up at a track and let the real world shine through.

Ive been in races that my car should never win in my past, a bad driver usually constitutes a better car losing.

Like I said I sell new Fords, and drive my BMW. I think my opinion of the two has validation as its my daily meal ticket. As for why I drive the BMW, its the interior. Next year though with the 50th anniversary, I will end up a 5.0 owner once again. Got to get working on my Mullet.
Appreciate 0