03-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #48
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy View Post
please stop mag/internet racing. have you ever been to the track?? on any given night my traps can differentiate by 3 mph in the 1/8th due to d/a. When you have the time go ahead and see "real" times posted by "real" people @ dragtimes.com

if you knew what to look for in the info provided you might have not replied. Let me elaborate...traps measure the potential of the vehicle and the times represent the combination of driver and vehicle capabilities. For example I ran a 9.0 but still @ 85 mph. My traps don't fluctuate w/ my times as much as the d/a would effect it. If you were at the track and racing the viper you might have won but his trap would have been much higher than yours.

I've got about 300 passes under my belt actually, so you can spare me the education about drag racing.

The bottom line is, it's not a controlled environment and there are a huge number of variables. At least with the magazine tests they have some control.

So what you're suggesting, basically, is that there's no way the Camaro drivers are going to match the magazine times, and then the BMW drivers are going to turn around and best them.

When you start talking about trap speeds, you further my point. The 335i isn't even CLOSE to the REAL WORLD trap speeds the Camaro SS sees, which is 110MPH+. Show me a stock 335i that's trapping 110MPH please!

Since you think Drag Times is a good source, here you go:

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...lip-18592.html
Appreciate 0