View Single Post
      03-25-2013, 03:37 AM   #37
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
I will no doubt get torn to bits by the "keyboard warriors" on here for what im about to say but i couldnt care less and never have so here is my two pennies worth...
I know much less than most of you on here about the ins and outs of F1 and the politics therein, and i cant deny how good a driver he is but personally i think Vettel is a complete and utter c**k and ive never liked him. He totally f**ked over Webber and ignored team orders. If i had been Mark i would have asked him for a quick word in my motorhome away from prying eyes and given him a very good slap then told him to f**k off.
That said i cannot stand these bloody "team orders" and although i dont come from a racing background i am hugely competitive person and want to beat the next man more than life itself when im in any competitive position - so if im in my race car and i know i can go faster than the man in front (team mate or no team mate) it is inherent in me to want to pass him and beat him. It would tie me in knots if the radio told me to hold back. Vettel knew full well he would get away with ignoring the radio with little more than a slap on the wrist and he has. So i cant say that i blame Vettel but i still cant stand the little dick. I also appreciate that there is a constructors as well as a drivers championship and never the twain will meet. Its just a crying shame for the viewers (who seem to matter less and less these days as the sports costs spiral out of all realms of reality) when youve watched almost 2 hours of great racing back and forth, positions chopping and changing, to then see the final few laps being driven in formation and cars coasting to the finish line. What would have been awesome would have been to hear all four drivers (Webber/Vettel, Rosberg/Hamilton) say to each other over their radios "listen chaps, fuck the team orders, lets just race and see who crosses the line first" - and the sad thing is back in the day thats probably what would have happened and then later that day they would be in the pub patting each other on the back. Money breeds power and power corrupts and sadly thats what all these high end sports are tainted by.
Ps; Carlos, would love to hear your views on all this fella and dont concern yourself with what others will say, its an open forum and all about expressing your personal views, just do it with decorum!!