View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #58
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
The subscription service allows up to 320kbps same as on desktop or roku versions. You're right though the data usage is quite high, and I would not recommend it if you don't have an unlimited data plan. Not sure how the Kivic could beat the AE plus external DAC, unless you are not comfortable with the DIY aspect of my method.
I am totally fine with the DIY, but I am looking for a more integrated approach without the need to hack an AE.

If I can get the Kivic one to send a digital audio signal from the HDMI using one of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882816044

To any usb Powered DAC, would be a cleaner integration.

Same result while using products in their intended purpose. I am also curios what the bootup time with the Kivic one would be.

Also with the Kivic one, there is a video streaming feature which could be useful for guys with Nav.
2007 E92 6MT SGM: MusicarNW Level 2, Procede Rev 2.5, FFTEC/Vishnu LPFP with Flexfuel Sensor and Flash, M3 Offset V701's, WaveTrac LSD, Michelin PSS, Downpipes, M3 Control Arms, TCKline D/A Suspension, LCI Tail lights, Lux AE's, ER Charge Pipe, DCI's, Mtech Front and Rear, M3 Sideskirts, HPF Stage 1 Clutch
Appreciate 0