jcoo085
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

Garage List
2005 320d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by espo89
with one exception: If you are going to drive in the US (or any other country for that matter) you need to understand the laws and follow them. Ignorance is not an excuse.
But remember what they say. You can't teach an old dog new tricks. Of course everyone needs to follow the laws of the country they're driving in. But that would be in an ideal world, and unfortunately when we're awake, that's not the world we're living in.

Bad drivers don't irritate me anymore. I don't even notice them half the time. My passengers always comment how calm I am when someone cuts me off, veers into my lane etc. They say they would be on the horn, flashing their lights or whatver. But the way I see it, you can honk your horn, flash your lights, give them the death stare, flick them off, or whatever, but at the end of the day they're not going to learn anything or change their driving style. Keep your focus on the situation around you instead of the last dickhead that almost collected your car. As soon as you lose situational awareness you, too, become a bad driver.

I was taught to drive by an ex race driver. One point he couldn't stress to me enough was: being on the road is like being on a battlefield. Always think everyone around is out to get you and your car. No matter how good your battle plan or how well you can drive, always know your escape options.

So keep scanning those mirrors, expect the unexpected, and just relax. You and your passengers will have a much more comfortable ride..

E90 320d - Black Ext/Fluid Grey Int | Steptronic | Business Navigation | PDC | Sunroof | Alarm
Exterior Pictures | Interior Pictures | Video
Appreciate 0