View Single Post
      06-06-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Went out for a spin with a few decent cars a couple of weeks ago in the rain - Corvette had 440hp, porsche had 600hp but had RWD conversion and i can tell you now that my car was faster and more confidence inspiring than the corvette in the wet and kept up well with the porsche who was struggling to get power down - the corvette was braking for corners that i could take easily without braking and the porsche could only use full throttle when into 4th gear!!

So my answer is this car is extremely planted and confidence inspiring in the wet as long you respect it. LSD definately helps - really locks on to the corner and gives you extra traction in the wet.

IMO AWD cars give a false sense of security in the wet - the only plus point is being able to get the power down cleanly - you cannot cheat the laws of physics no matter how many of your wheels are driven - only difference is that when you overstep the mark in a corner in an AWD car you hit the tree head on and with RWD you hit the tree going backwards!

Here are the cars by the way:
Attached Images

Last edited by ss134; 06-06-2012 at 04:55 PM..
Appreciate 0