View Single Post
      05-08-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
jfclark
Registered
Rep
Drives: volvo

New Century BMW Alhambra, CA--STEER CLEAR

First off, I responded to a post on e90post in, "How much did you pay for you e92 coupe"

"Anybody interested in a Brand New Jet Black 335i w/ premium pkg, sports pkg, navigation system, comfort access and Ipod adapter? It is a manual transmission at New Century BMW. PM me for more information, just trying to help my CA out. The cost would be near to invoice pricing. Let me know! A customer flaked out on his order so he'll give you a great deal on it."

PMed was given contact info for the internet sales manager...who called after a few hours.

We began speaking he told me it would be invoice plus $500.00, told him that we have a deal and to email me the information as I didn't have a fax machine and I had left the office for the day.

The "sales manager" was telling me how many cars he sells to Texas and Nevada, he was an expert in out of state sales and could get the deal done.

He stated that I would have to pay tax in California and we spoke about this idea and it is California law and any difference would be credited by my state. Great, price was set and I was ready to fly out to Cali to pick up the car. I even offered to put a down payment down on the car, which he refused to accept.

10 mins later I was sent an email stating ....

"Thank You for your interest with the new guidelines set in place by the state and DMV, it has made it extremely difficult for use to sell to out of state customers.

After speaking with the rest of management we have decided at this time to not sell to customers for out of state delivery..."

My only advice is that you do not deal with New Century BMW... Bigger scum you will not find. This guy was not very polite on the phone either I was happy to not do business with these people.

I hope more people refuse to do business with them as well.
Appreciate 0