Mr Singh
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91 330D M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Everyone's opinion counts mate.

Could you list other decent subs for SQ in either 10" or 12"?
When it comes to audio, no ones opinions matters MORE than your own ears.

Its no lie, I work in the car audio industry and have done so for over 10 yrs, mastering both SQ and SPL in award winning and UK record holding installs, aswell as running a sucessful distribution company for decade.

The W7 is a fine sub, but even by JL Audio its not there finest sounding sub in there arsenal, the W6v2 would be. But to me, its still overpriced.

I won't name 'names' i.e. alternative brands as clearly it will be in breach of the forum rules, possibly coming across as bias opinion. But something to bare in mind. The UK JL Audio distributors do not stock or hold recone kits/parts for W7s. That means if you accidentally broke the sub by puncturing the surround/cone, or if the triple neck join broke (I've repaired a number of these) you will not be able to get parts here. You either live with it or buy a new sub. Same goes if setup incorrectly you happened to blow it, at that point you really shouldn't be handling such a piece of equipment.

That shouldn't be the only thing making your decision but something to bare in mind..
Appreciate 0