View Single Post
      06-11-2009, 11:52 AM   #20
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Well again, I've never used Torco or Toulene personally even though I've heard they work, you need to use a lot of it to work however and using that much of it in your gas I too would be weary of what they do to your o2 sensors or other things
I have however used many of the bottle type additives that you find at PepBoys or the like, and those things as far as I know have never caused damage to a car, and millions of people buy that stuff and put it in their cars all the time with no issues, otherwise you wouldn't see them being sold so much.

I'm always up for to try a new product to see if it works. As I said, I tried this stuff and it worked, so I'm letting you all know.

Pyramid scheme? Not exactly. Network Marketing is not a "scheme" and I know several people who've done network marketing and from what I've been told in the past, it's one of the most successful advertising/marketing techniques in the world and makes millionaires of many people.
I tried it years ago, but I'm not really a sales guy, so it doesn't work for me.
He's a neighbor and friend of mine who is also a car enthusiast.

Funny some are worried about a 20 year old product that's registered with the EPA and federal guidelines, and has been used by millions and in multi-million dollar machinery for years, but many of you were willing to jump in and put a tunes and other mods on your car with no regard to it's affects on your car and without it being legal or proven.
I sure did with the first PROcede's and even with the JB3.
We all know those things aren't the best for the longevity of our cars and we put them on by guys who made them in their garage or small shop.

To me, trying a fuel additive and testing it for it's claims seems miniscule by comparison.
And the fact it works and has been around for years and register and approved by the EPA and federal guidelines tells me, it's not like "taking a chance" with it like we all did with the tunes and many of the mods (DP's, meth kits, etc) many throw on their cars with no testing, approval or guidelines to follow.

Nobody has to use this Syntek. I did it worked, I spread the word with the results. No biggie if you don't want to try it. But weather it's marketed on TV by commercials, paid programing or network marketing, what difference does that make?
Appreciate 0