03-24-2009, 03:17 PM   #34
Graystone
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i sport euro 6mt

LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by srt8/bmw View Post
the GTOs are fast and can be made really fast. Most of the guys that own them seem pretty cool--on their forums and stuff. They are true "car" guys.

there are some who "hate on" us BMW owners..LOL

If I told you my last run in with a GTO--it would sound completely made up and scripted like out of a movie, so I won't bother..except to just say that it was at a two lane, red light, where you could see no traffic or law enforcement for a good mile, and the GTO was occupied by two very young men (probabably 19 or 20), who actually rolled down there window and said some very aggressive, cocky things, and were asking for a race they were sure they would easily win. Like I said-the conversation would be like out of a movie--and these boys knew nothing about the bmw, what xi means, or tuned 335s. but instead of being cocky, I playued totally dumb..

My car is aggressively tuned (JB2HHR) with R off and 94 octane at the time. Plus catless DPs and performance filter. Currently the fastest Xi on dragtimes-runs low 12s pretty consistently.

Anyway, at launch, I got 3 cars immediately--and I mean immediately. but since we had so much room I knew they would keeo coming. So I will just say that by the next light where it was time to slow down, I was at 120 and GAINING..now about 8 car lengths. I will also say their reaction was, well priceless when they pulled up to talk.
Great Story!! My car is an 07 and the guy i came across had the same reaction he thought for sure it was a 330 this race was in 07 the expression was like what the heck is that its not an M3 how the lol but i was just edging ahead of im your story is the Quintessential dream story! Luv it and that was just a straight line.
Appreciate 0