01-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
SaviorXi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive coupe

Garage List
Retractible license plate for states with front plate laws

I purchased an aftermarket mtech rep bumper for my 335i Xdrive and it did not come with a front license plate bracket. I love the clean front of the e92 BMW so I didn't want to drill into the new bumper causing holes and block the intercooler. I live in NJ and it is state law to have a front license plate. I drove around for 3 months and after 3 improper display of plate tickets I looked for a solution. I ended up purchasing the show n go retractable license plate frame on ebay for $129.00. The Show & Go license transport allows you to display or stow away the front license "for show" by simply pushing the key chain remote button from inside or outside the car. The system can be installed by anyone with reasonable mechanical skills and hand tools. The radio receiver is easily mounted under the hood, and connects to the vehicle battery and the license transport mechanism which is mounted under the front bumper. No wiring through the vehicle dash is required. The build quality seems good and the install was fairly easy with basic tools. Overall I am pleased and it hopefully will solve my troubles with the LAW.

Last edited by SaviorXi; 03-26-2013 at 08:21 PM..
Appreciate 0