View Single Post
      07-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #10
will.c
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46M

hey, my comments may not necessarily be correct, but I'll just bring them up for your/everyone's review:

T2) I stay about a car width wide from apex in order to initiate a large arc for T2 & T3 together.

T3) By the time I reach the turn in cone at T3, I'm already all the way outside, being parallel to the track, if not already turned in slightly. What I ultimately do here is similar to the Octopus at Thunderbolt; keep the steering angle same, and trail braking just a little bit at T3 turn in, so that the turning radius can decrease slightly and hug the inside curbing throughout T3 exit.

T4) Same as you. I exit this turn and track out as necessary, but as soon as I'm done tracking out enough, I immediately slingshot back to the outside of T5.

T5) Rather than pointing toward the turn in cone, I do the same thing as T2-T3 stuff here; all the way outside being parallel with track by the time I get to T5 turn in cone. Then right about where the cone is, the track slopes up quite a bit. I take advantage of this slope, and do a little late (trail) braking here, so that my car has turned enough to point straight for the top of the hill apex cone. I try to almost hit this cone.

T6) If I stay tight at T5 apex, I don't have to completely track out at T6. In fact, I stay completely to the right side until T7 comes.

T8) Many people do different things here: some stay out 3/4 until apex cone; some double apex, etc. I disregard the turn in cone. I do some braking before, but I kinda double apex by turning in tight and a little hot, so that understeer can carry me to the top/outside of the bank as I slow down (not by braking, but by understeering), and then when I get slow enough I start to see the cone and slowly creep toward it. Then hit the apex cone there and track out for the straight as you did.

Sorry for the long post. Just wanted to share and compare
Appreciate 0