Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Ever changing fleet

Garage List
2013 335is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
OMG

BMW released the US spec sheet with and error. It has been corrected. The 135i weighs 198lbs lighter...!

We don't use KG's here in the States, we use LBS. Yes you can can convert, but lbs are more accurate. BMW had a mistake on their Uladen weight for the US spec'd 135i. In which they had it weighing almost 3,800lbs. Someone contacted BMWusa and they corrected the error.

BMW isn't going to release the weight of the 3 series, then change the entire method of how they weigh all the other BMW's, just to lie to us about the weight of a 135i ...!

Yes, BMW posted weights are with a specific set amount of simulated weight. So if you take it to a scale, which many have, their BMW actually weighs LESS than posted. Because BMW issues the weight of their cars as "Uladen"

HERE: <---- Click

-Garrett

Are you seriously that dense? I am not talking about the 3800 LB mistaken US weight and neither is anybody else.

That facts are that both cars are weighed VERY strictly in Europe with extremely precise rules about what can and cannot be in the car. It DOES NOT matter if they were laiden or not, because the standards are the same for ALL of the cars. BOTH have a 75kg driver, etc. I do NOT care about the absolute value of the weights themselves, The DIFFERENCE between the two there is 40kg. Let me repeat that for you one more time: The difference between the 335 coupe and the 135 coupe is 40kg in Europe.

WTF are you talking about that "kg isn't as precise as lbs." Are you on drugs? The 1 series is not going to lose over 100 lbs during its transition from Europe to the states, sorry. You 135 boys and your internet jockeying has gotten out of hand. I understand that the 1 series is better than the 3 at everything, why? Because its a 1 series, BMW's "drivers" car, you 3'er fools. Keep it over on 1addicts.

Last edited by A418t81; 10-29-2007 at 09:59 PM..
Appreciate 0