04-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #798
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddesq View Post
Well my impatience got the better of me and after re-reading the thread and convincing myself I had covered all the bases, I went ahead and installed the M3 wheel today. Took me just about an hour, maybe a little more, but I was painstakingly careful on every step. If I had any sort of experience doing this, it probably wouldn't have taken any more than 20-30 minutes. I must say that finding the slits for the airbag removal was really easy, as that seems to have been a point of contention here for some time. Anyway, the install was really straightforward, and I think it turned out great. The wheel looks and feels amazing. I think it matches well with the ZHP "M" shifter.

Many thanks to bavarian and all others who contributed tips to the DIY. I'm really glad I didn't spend close to $200 (or more) at the dealer on this project.
well i actually have the same question as you....since my new M Performance wheel came in today. i didn't know it would have the metal plate and wiring in place. did you remove it and use the one from your stock steering wheel....or was it basically a "remove your stock wheel and put this one in its place" type of deal? this info would definitely help others in the future!
Appreciate 0