View Single Post
      07-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #12
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List

This is my 5th lap. Put the camera in a different angle so you can see me driving. I probably should have put the camera on the passenger window so you could see more out of the front. It doesnt help that you cant see the cars that wouldn't let me pass, but you can see me get frustrated with them a couple times. For not having much track experience and driving a car I've never been in, I'm pretty happy with my sub 10 minute times.

The track was a blast and I can't recommend enough that everyone tries to go at least once in their life. I don't know if I would want to drive my own car around it, especially hard. I really don't know if I would want to drive a brand new car I got on ED around either, but at least the car I rented was worth the price.

If you were getting a BMW on ED and went to the ring, its about 350 miles between Munich and Nurburg. Theres also a ton of stuff to do on the way so you would probably put at least 500 miles on the car before getting to Nurburg if you made stops. That may not be enough to fully break in an engine, but its better than taking it there with <100 miles right out of the show room.

I'm still working on photos. I only saw 1 Ferrari (430) and a McLaren (MP4-12C) ON the track. There were a couple of Lambos on the roads and on display around the area. Also a couple of R8s, some GTRs. And just tons and tons of Porsches, especially GT3s, and more M3s than I could count. Even if I didn't drive the track, it was awesome seeing all those cars out there.