Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukenole View Post
As for the LSD suggestion, I don't take my car to the track and I don't see the advantage of an LSD unless one is tracking their car. I realize I could change intake, exhaust, wheels, etc., but that's just nibbling at the edges IMO. I want more substantial changes in performance.
There are two aspects to my recommendation on the LSD. The first is the Limited Slip portion of the equation. If you don't track the car and live in an area with no snow or weather conditions that would compromise traction then you could forego the LSD. However, increasing the rear end ratio, which you can do with or without LSD capability added, will definately increase the performance of your car. This performance increase can easily be more significant than the limited power gains seen from the intake and exhaust combo. Remember though that the increase in performance from the higher gear ratio will actually factor into your need for the LSD part of the equation. I have an LSD with higher gear ratio on order and should have it in my hands within 2 weeks. Installation will be the following week. I will certainly post progress once I have it in my hands.

Last edited by Pyrat 2; 01-14-2009 at 06:26 PM..
Appreciate 0