View Single Post
      06-15-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
SPGspeed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 E92

Raceland Coilovers Review e90 335i PHOTO UPDATE

So I bit the bullet and went with raceland coilovers. They do not sell ones for the e90 / e92 on the US website so I had to purchase from the UK. I found a seller who had them on an ebay posting and asked to have them shipped.

I spent about $300.00 on the coilovers and about $120 on shipping so for under $500 I had a set of coils.

Sorry I did not include a bunch of pictures, ill update later.. But they can nicely packaged in a raceland box.

Install was easy, ive done lowering springs before, so this was the same as that. A little work to get to the rear strut top bolts but in under 4hrs I was done.

First drive: They are about 20-25% firmer than sport suspension but they eliminate 90% of the body roll from stock suspension. There is a little noise from the front struts when first driving but it goes away after about a mile.

Adjustment of the front is a breeze, 15min per corner and I had the height I wanted perfect, the rears where a little more difficult to adjust, I found it just easier to unbolt the lower control arm and basically pull the spring out to get the height I wanted.

My total consensus is this: if you want a decent set of coils for daily driving these are a good choice. These coils go super low, if you want to slam the car you could basically lay it down on the ground. I’m sure KW will ride better (ive never experienced them) but for being on a budget you can’t beat them.

Ebay Link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RACELAND-COI...8683%26ps%3D63
Attached Images

Last edited by SPGspeed; 10-17-2013 at 07:04 AM.. Reason: Photo Update!
Appreciate 0