View Single Post
      07-06-2009, 06:38 PM   #38
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

Well it's also a business decision, the last 3 years or so of R&D were around using piggback technology, would it be wise to essentially scrap the majority of that and re-invest in all the infrastructure requires to develop a FLASH? Probably not... I mean if our cars were like older cars where we could buy spare ECU's and swap them in and out on top of having MUCH LESS complex ECU's to work with, it might be a good idea to bail out of the piggyback stuff.

On to the customer experience...Having the ability to totally remove the evidence of ECU tampering is very valueable to many customers (please leave the ethics arguments on another thread). Also the ability to sell the tune after end of leases etc is also a nice option.

Anyways I really don't want to go to deep into this, in the end this topic has beaten to death...Some people will want the flash for the simplicity of not having to deal with opening the ECU box and others like having the options that Piggy's provide... Boxers or briefs or boxer briefs... You get the picture??? Whatever floats your boat.... Just because I prefer brunettes doesn't mean the guy that prefers blondes is any less of a man....Lets just install our preferred tune and drive!!!!!

Hope everyone had a great 4th!
Appreciate 0