Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2010 Sea-Doo RXT-X 260  [9.00]
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal red View Post
on a different note.... just changed the battery on the green frog today.... i tested the battery myself and it looks like its not holding a charge as well as it should anymore. didnt want to wait until the battery went completely flat so i changed it pre-emptively.

quoted price from dealer = $300 + cost of 1 hour labor + tax
price of replacement battery from walmart (EverStart sealed battery) = $118 + tax +DIY

battery swap was very simple to do. took me 20 mins from start to finish and i was taking my own sweet time. plus the walmart battery has a 3 year warranty versus 1 year warranty on the porsche battery. and walmart battery has higher cold cranking amps than the stock battery as well. also has higher amp-hour rating (battery capacity).

cant believe how much of a rip off these stealerships are. anyone who needs to get a battery change should just pay me $20 to do it... thats how easy it is. one thing you need is to have a battery maintainer handy so you can make sure the car doesnt lose all its memory and go crazy when you disconnect the stock battery from the car.
Nice!! I totally agree with you, its so easy to install, i did it on my 328 last year but i got the battery from the dealership lolll....they wanted to so much to install it.

one question, since you are going to store the car, why didnt you wait until next spring? or it doesnt really matter?
Appreciate 0