View Single Post
      08-19-2010, 03:21 AM   #20
Hoops
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 xDrive35d M Sport

Garage List
Ive heard and read all these stories time and time again - and i could add many more of my own, from both car and bike perspective - there are as many dick head drivers as there are dick head bikers both on the normal roads, track days and at the Ring - i totally agree that it is more often than not an ego thing - i even had a guy in a bashed up transit van refusing point blank to let me pass and even weaving from left to right to actually physically prevent me passing once when i was doing a lap in the R35 GT-R, i eventually passed on one of the straights (albeit i had to almost put 2 wheels on the grass to do the pass as he did his best to stop me overtaking), saw him a few hours later getting out of said van near the ticket booth so i decided to confront him about it, all he could say with a huge grin on his fat face was "you still couldnt get past me for at least 15 corners though could you and you were driving that and i was in a van...." to which i replied "i could have quite easily passed you, but it simply wasnt worth the risk to either you nor me or anyone else around us for that matter to attempt it" - anyway, the Ring is a very dangerous place and needs to be shown respect at all times - and i still think they should stop allowing bikes and cars to go out at the same time.