View Single Post
      05-09-2013, 12:18 PM   #316
cleex024
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerfish2012 View Post
Cobb, I recently went to a track, which has 3 strightaways where speeds in excess of 150mph could be reached by high HP cars before braking. On the front straight, I would throw code 30FF, with the 100 octane race map, and stage 2+ aggressive, but only right after the shift into 5th gear @ just over 140mph. I didn't log this, but will do so when I visit this track again soon. Unlike in the past, I decided to continue racing even after the code was trown. It would seem that the ecu's ability to cut power after an engine malfunction code has been thrown has been eliminated by these two off the shelf tunes, as I was able to reach the same 145mph/140mph with the race map, and stage 2+ aggressive after the code was thrown. It appears at least from a power perspective that your tunes inhibit our ecu's engine torque, and load limiters, which is the reason for this effect, am I right? I'm asking because in the past with piggy back tunes on the stock ecu, when limp is triggered by one of these codes, at least 50% of the power was lost
so ive had this same problem last week and replaced my boost converters and it fixed the problem of the half engine light. i understand that you still hit boost afterwards and so was i but if you feel very carefully up in the high rpm range in 4th and 5th you should have felt some power drops.

whenever i did extremely long pulls say 5mph-150mph i would feel a slight power/boost drop in 3rd but more in 4th then limp in either top of 4th or 5th. so your converters are just not able to convert the pressure up that high since its going bad. so up in those high rpm ranges you arent making enough boost so its slightly cutting power but not fully.

so if your car is still able to hit boost in the lower rpms or not such high loads then there is no reason for your car to run in limp mode since your car is still making the boost.

only limp mode i had was when my wastegates would stay open at the track...cant remember the code but it was happening quite often and i think it was overboosting.
Space Gray l 6MT l OSG LSD w/ VAC Race Diff Cover l Cobb e30 l Morr vs8.2 l UUC SSK w/ DSSR l VSRF Catless Dps l RPI Intercooler l CDV Removed l HID AE 8000k l ETS Catback l AST 5200 w/ Vorshlag Camber Plates l ER Dual Oil Coolers l Rear Camber and Toe Arms l K&N Drop In l Solid Tranny/Diff/Subframe Bushings l Bridgestone RE-11
Appreciate 0