View Single Post
      12-09-2005, 01:18 AM   #18
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by prolix21
i had my first winter experience with the 330i zsp summer tires. totally worthless, in fact, i couldn't even make it home. i hobbled my car to a parking lot downtown and walked the rest of teh way home.

we had a snow storm here in cincy, and of course my winter tires aren't here yet (show up tomorrow actually), so i had to try and get home on my summer wheels. needless to say i had a horrific time. most people were handling it ok, going slow, but my car had ZERO traction. i sat and switched from dsc to dts, drove in 1st, etc, ANYTHING to get a bit of traction, but it was totally pointless. i couldn't get up the hill to my parking spot so i had to traverse various downtown streets to find a lot to ditch my car and walk.

so anyone out there thinking they can make it ok with the 330i summer sport tires, no way. i live in cincy and i had my doubts about needing winters, but today i realized my purchase was totally worth it. now i just need to get the things mounted before more snow hits next week.

NO KIDDING !!! THANKS, I NEVER WOULD HAVE GUESSED that high performance summer tires would leave you stranded on snow.

Any other advice? Is smoking really bad for your health? Will bubble gum be hard to get off your soles if you step into it?