06-18-2013, 06:50 AM   #12
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
New born... I wish. My daughter is 1 next month and she still won't sleep through every night. She was awake 3 times last night. In the end I turned the monitor off and shut all the doors to drown out the noise as I'd tried everything else.

Our eldest isn't much better. He likes to get up and run about in the middle of the night. I've not had a decent nights sleep in 3 years now. It gets to you sometimes but in general you just learn to cope.

PS. don't fall into the white noise trap. It back fires when the kids are a bit older and you don't want them sleeping so they will sleep at night. You can't do any car journeys or they will go into a deep sleep and keeping them awake is impossible.
This is turning into a parenting thread but jeez, that's no fun. I feel your pain. We've got a 5yo, 2yo and 6 week old and it's not as bad as that! And you did the right thing turning off the monitor. You know as well as I do that even at that age they're just trying to get a response and before you know it you've started a bad routine.
Appreciate 0