12-03-2005, 09:48 AM   #4
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
You never wanna eat alone at the dinner table...
I think that's my answer right there. I think I'd rather be a bum gathered around a bum-fire eating with my other bum friends, rather than sit at a giant table with waitors and waitresses and butlers serving me all alone in a huge mansion.

Well, maybe that's taking it to the extreme a little too much, but you get the idea. That's how I see it. What good is money when you have no one to buy things for, no one to take out to eat with, or shop or see a movie with?

See that's the problem that movie stars and other rich people have. Sure, you can pretty much get anyone you want with enough capital, but if love isn't there, then you're just buying someone and eventually you'll (or they'll) get bored.

I've often thought about what it would be like in a world with no money...in a world where no one is selfish and everyone works, just to work for the advancement of mankind--not to make money for themselves...a world where if you want to drive a BMW, or a Ferarri, you just go down to the local car community and take the car you want and keep it as long as you want, then return it when you're done.

Wait, what am I talking about???
Appreciate 0