02-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #1528
Detailed Image
United_States
Rep
Drives: Detailed by Detailed Image

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
Hi Greg,

So I've been doing alot of reading on your website. Tons of useful info! I have a few followup questions:

1) I'm interested in getting the DI Packages PC 7424XP with M105, M205 and 5.5" pads. I understand that the M205 is considered a finishing polish. However, when reading the Polishing Auto Detailing Guide on your website, I noticed that the M105/205 is mentioned as a 3 step system system paired with the Menzerna PO85RD on black pads as the final step. Does this not apply to BMWs with our harder clearcoat? Is the M205 fine enough to be used as a one step polish where there are little to no imperfections?

2) I am looking to polish my OEM style 230 rims to give them a like new finish. I was looking at Optimum Metal Polish (http://www.detailedimage.com/Optimum...-P291/8-oz-S1/). Do I not need to follow up with a sealant with this? It mentions that it "cleans, shines, and protects", but I'd like to confirm.
Are there any other wheel polishes that you would recommend over this one? My wheels aren't in bad shape; they just have never been polished in their 4 year life

3) What is the difference between Chemical Guys Extreme V.R.P. Dressing and Chemical Guys Silk Shine Dressing & Protectant?:
http://www.detailedimage.com/Chemica...P223/16-oz-S1/
http://www.detailedimage.com/Chemica...P188/16-oz-S1/
Both are from CG for dressing/protecting rubber, vinyl, plastic. I would like to know if one is better than the other. I would mainly use it for the interior and engine bay.

Thanks for your assistance!
Thanks for reading and great questions.

1.) The answer depends on a variety of factors including your perception and level of perfection. Many customers can use the M105 and M205 combo on black paint with great results and love the look. Some black paint may have a slight haze to it though and the PO85RD aka SF4500 will help remove that with a black or blue pad. Those who want perfection would probably be better served by incorporating the PO85RD in their routine. The M205 by itself will certainly help and look good but the M105 is the real winner here because of how outstanding it's cutting power is and how well it finishes down. Therefore I highly recommend a keeping that step as well. Sorry I don't have a universal answer for you but I hope this helps.

2.) The Optimum Metal Polish is a cleaner and protectant all in one as you stated. It works really well but like most AIO products you'll typically get better results from two separate products but the obvious trade off is usually cost and time. I personally love the P21S Finish Restorer for metal polishing and it's my "go to" product. Afterwards you can use any sealant for the wheels but I like to use the Poorboy's World Wheel Sealant personally.

3.) Those products are very similar but if I had to pick one I'll go with the Silk Shine Dressing for the interior.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0