View Single Post
      09-18-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
JW_BMW
Rep
Drives: M5

Question for IE/North Corona residents

Synopsis

I live in Los Angeles but recently purchased a second residence in the Corona Hills area a few months back. Yesterday afternoon at around 2pm as I was stopped at a red light off Hidden Valley Pky near the 15 fwy a police cruiser stopped next to my left. As the light turned green I proceeded to drive off. The police cruiser waited then pulled up behind me, turned on the sirens to pull me over.

(I was not driving fast, did not have the music on loud, no tinted windows etc)

Officer pulls me over and tells me I am pulling you over because I did not have a front license plate. I gave him all the necessary paperwork lic, reg, ins. (At this point 2 more cruisers arrived at the scene.) He asked me where I was coming from and where I was going. I told him I lived up the block and I am heading down to LA. He tells me I need to exit the car because he wants to do a search. I am being polite about it because I have nothing to hide. So I stepped out and he padded me down then told me to sit on the sidewalk. He went ahead to search the car. After the search he says he has a K9 unit on the way and if the dog can go over the car. I said sure do what you need to do. Now I am starting to feel a bit ashamed. I am sitting out on the sidewalk in the middle of a sunny afternoon with 3 police cruisers and a K9 unit searching my car. Im like what WTF is going on.

The officer that pulled me over is now asking where my house in Corona is, when did I buy it, who did I buy it from etc. I answered the questions very politely. The second officer is now making friendly conversation and asking about my car. Given the situation I tried to be as friendly as possible and just answered his questions.

After the dog went over the car the officer hands me back all of my info and tells me he will not write me a ticket for the missing front license plate and I can be on my way again.

Here is my question; Is this a normal occurrence in NorCo? Or is it just my bad luck?
Appreciate 0