View Single Post
      09-03-2017, 06:34 PM   #2
Ti317
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Just did mine. It went smoothly thanks to this and great ther posts. Some things I did, which I think made a difference:

I used plastic pry tools to remove the old rubber and clean out the channel above the windshield, no worry about scratches.

Chunks of the mounding were all over the windshield and parts of the car. I used a leaf blower to blast most of the, away with no smudging, then bug & tar remover and/ or Goo gone to clean up the rest. I waited till the rubber was installed.

After cleaning, washing and drying the channel, I applied spray silicone grease to the channel and the top of the glass. I recommend putting painter's tape, not masking tape, on the roof side of the channel where the adhesive will eventually stick.

Let the grease dry for about 15 minutes to dissipate the petroleum solvents, pull of the painter's tape and wipe the painted surface with alcohol.

Push the molding into the driver's side first and seat about six inches of the strip. Do the same on the passenger side.

Use a rubber mallet, choke upon the handle and use it to gently pound the rubber into position. It pops right in. Once it looks right, peel the protective tape and press the edge of the module get to get it to seal. You can tap gently with the hammer also to flatten it.

Wash the areas of the car that you had to clean up with bug & tar remover or Goo gone, and wax them.

For less than $27, the car looks great again.
Appreciate 1