View Single Post
      02-02-2014, 04:27 AM   #387
ComputerKnowHow
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d

Knights North Staffs

Just another recommendation for Knights North Staffs. After a very large (potential) MOT bill we came to an agreement on the minimum needed to make the car legal.

Meanwhile Jonathan Smith started looking for a replacement for me. I actually found a 330D E91 on the AUC at Rybrook Warwick which Jonathan sorted for me and within my budget. I wasn't sure about an auto box for me but I had one as a courtesy car (brand new 320i X drive M Sport in Estoril Blue). The finance options/shortfall insurance were well explained and I rejected the Gard-X.

He gave me an excellent deal on my E90 part-ex (same value as another independent dealer was prepared to give without knowing all the MOT advisories), a small discount on the E91 and because I no longer live near the area, half a tank of fuel to get home.

A thoroughly pleasant and no-nonsense approach by Jonathan is what keeps me going back.

Now, he wasn't to know the car had some issues as he got it from Rybrook (who had serviced the car from new). Knights have just replaced the glow plug controller unit, rear LED lamp clusters (the well documented flickering issue) and put a new roundel badge on the tailgate as water had obviously got in it. All done under AUC warranty, a brand new Mini Countryman Cooper D All4 loaned for the entire duration and zero cost to me. I'd expect the AUC warranty to cover this, and it could have been annoying as the "120 point inspection" should have picked up faults. The car cut out 20 seconds after starting and even I deduced it was a glow plug issue. However, Knights North Staffs sorted all of it without fuss (Paul and Andy in Service) and I'm really pleased with my purchase.

It's the experience that matters and I feel like a valued customer at Knights North Staffs. I've had experiences with Sytner Sheffield and whilst they were nice enough I will go out of my way to continue to use Knights North Staffs. In 3 years' time I hope Jonathan is still there for my replacement car!
Appreciate 0