View Single Post
      01-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #252
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i coupe

Seems to me that you guys are arguing 2 different things. And from the couple of posts I've read, are both making valid points. The problem is trying to correlate power to a single event. Power is over time, hence why CFM affects power. The torque created from a single combustion is what ExpTaste is arguing. For a single combustion event, the more air forced into the cylinder, the more fuel that can be added and the more forcefull the explosion. The cylinder has a fixed volume, so given enough time to completely fill up, it fills with a constant number of air molecules directly related to the air pressure/temperature and not CFM flow because he is assuming it fills completely no matter what. This is what ExpTaste is saying. Although not wrong, it is an extreme over simplification of an engine and that's why in the real world doesn't seem to hold up. He is assuming that at any CFM flow there is enough time to fill up the cylinder with max air molecules and not taking into account other factors involved in the complete system.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0