lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
Hi there. I think you got me confused. I mentioned a caution regarding purchasing replica CSL wheels. CSL are a tyle (usually 8 spoke) and were originally on the CSL M3 which was a light weight track car. They are usually made of cast aluminum, this process creates a weaker wheel, but is less expensive. Poorly made cast wheels, and all cast wheels in general, have a tendency of cracking easier than forged or other types. I also cautioned you about buying 19" due to the fact we have terrible roads and your ride will suffer more than 18". My 19" Alufelgen's cracked with about 20K miles on them, but they are so cheap I just had to buy a new rim.

That being said, many guys run these cast replica's without any issues at all. I do recommend doing it right the first time and buying real BBS, Volk, Morr, HRE, etc....if you can swing that kind of money. If not, mine are more than 50% off and nearly brand new

true that! gotta pay to play. with the rep cast wheel, i avoided a lot of pot holes. now with forged wheel (volks TE37) i eat potholes for breakfast! LOL.

it's a pain on the wallet but long run will save you money. and forged wheels hold their values.
also most forged wheels are light weight, so you will benefit on the increasing handling performance too.
do it once, do it right.
Appreciate 0