View Single Post
      01-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

More Track Time for the D

I attended a track weekend at Road Atlanta back in November, and recently received my picture set from the attending photographer. I thought I'd share a few with the d brethren.

This was my first on track time with the Evolve tune, and I can say categorically that it makes a huge difference in the performance of the car on the track. I picked up several seconds on my previous best lap time (which also relates to how hard I drove this time, i.e. much harder).

I think the simplest illustration of the increase in performance is my terminal speed on the back straight. Before the Evolve, I might hit 110 before scrubbing speed at the end of the straight; with the Evolve, I hit 135 before slowing. The tune made the car much more enjoyable and responsive on track.

This was also my first track time with my Ohlins coilovers, and again, they made a significant difference in the behavior of the car. In conjunction with the M3 suspension parts that I've added, the car was much improved over its previous incarnation.

There are still several improvements I would like to make that will help as a DD but really help on the track. I'm hoping to make some of them this year. In the meantime, a few pics: