View Single Post
      06-13-2006, 05:25 AM   #30
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 320i

Garage List
Now, the DIY. (Sorry, I didn't take pictures when it's been done).

Basically it's a very simple procedure. Just open the fog lamp clear lens using same technique as opening the head lamp assembly (I think this has been discussed many times in the forum). Heating, Prying, and a little bit of muscle exercise then you'll be able finally open it.

As for the angel eye ring, I'm not sure where to get it outside Indonesia. In here, they sell it in the auto accesories shop. I use the angel eyes conversion kit for the old E39 which not come with angel eyes (5 series prior to 2001??). It's an aftermarket products (not OEM BMW parts). So it's kinda difficult to visualize here. I guess I'll try to find the box and post it here so that you guys can search for this kit.

There is also a conversion kit for the old 3 series. But I'm not sure if the size for 3 series will fit. The one I use fit just perfect in the inner housing of the fog lamp. No rattle. So the ring just snugly pop right in.

1 thing you need to do is to drill a hole for the ring battery cable to go out from the housing. In my case, I drill it at the top of the housing since it is the covered part so it won't be seen when it's installed in the car.

That's it. Just put everything back as before. Seal them with silicon glue. Wait until it's dry, then install them back in the car, paralleled the cable with the parking light/angel eyes on the headlamp. There you have it.

I hope this DIY helps.

Appreciate 0