avenger2540
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335i Xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tldoxmf87 View Post
Okay, so I was just driving the other night and I suddenly noticed the screen turns black (I could still see the backlight so it was not completely off).

Then after driving a few miles suddenly the screen came back on like nothing happened. When it showed up again it had the map direction of travel which I was using and so I think just the screen was off.

The very next day, the Idrive screen again screwed up. But this time it had many lines with different colors (looked like an f'ed up computer screen) and I checked to see if all other functions were working by pressing the voice button and it was indeed working. Music was still playing too.

I got to the gym so I turned off the car.. work out for about an hour and a half and came back but the screen turns white and then black. I can see faint lines of colors.. music and stuff still works.

So I just start heading home and in the middle I had to get off the car once with engine running, when I got back inside the screen was ON again. And perfectly normal like nothing happened!

Anyone know what the heck is going on?
Should I be worried?
Hi tldoxmf87,I know the has been more then a year since this post but you never say if you fix the problem or you still have it,i will like to know if you fix it and how,because I have the same problem on my e60 and when I start searching your post came out,so please let me know what you did,before I take it for service,I comment to the service manager and hec
Tells me the it maybe the ccc and the may need to replace for $2,000 before even check the car,so I dont it sound more like the screen because everything work,it just the color lines and the screen going white and black,so I hope you see this post again and give me some good news,thanks in advance...
Appreciate 0