Zebra99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is E93

Garage List
Dreaded engine code!!

Hey guys,

Hoping someone can chime in here and if I should worry?!

Was driving on the highway today on my way to drop off 7bags of cement mix (approx. 350-400lbs) that I had all covered up nicely in the trunk and had my JB4 on map 5 to help with the extra load and the city driving. It was about 30+ degrees out and car temp was hitting near 120 degrees Celsius and must have gone over when this happened;

Engine malfunction, reduced power!!!

Wtf could of happened? It seems like it over heated for a second and immediately went into limp mode (turbos went off). I was able to get to my destination and left the car off for 5 mins, I then turned it back on and no code and turbos working fine again.

Is this my turbos going or is this simply a temp. thing and maybe I need a new water pump/thermostat?

I'm worried because it's still gets really hot and hovers around 115 degrees celcious.

Please help!!

Update:

Code ended up only being a boost leak code. I've cleared that and car has run fine since then. I am however, somewhat concerned with the ridiculously hot weather and the car reaching those temps. We'll see if it happens again.

I was able to upload the new firmware...feels a bit smoother, but I'll have to drive around (without the weight) to really get a feel of whether or not the butt dyno feels faster.

Here are some logs guys. I'm a newb at this so please be kind and let me know if you see any troublesome news.
Attached Images

Last edited by Zebra99; 05-27-2012 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: Update:
Appreciate 0