View Single Post
      02-06-2011, 03:22 PM   #1
MPTREE
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i m sport, manual

335i 1st impressions v 335d

quick post on my recent swap from the 335d touring to the 335i coupe manual, both cars are m-sport ,

had the coupe 4days now and my touring is quicker (it was mapped)....not sure if the coupe is mapped, but having read posts on remapped 335 I I do not thinks so.

The diesel delivers a sledgehammer acceleration right to a ton with ease, no work, just a wallop kind of pull, I can't remember ever getting burnt off in the D.

having done 20k in the D over the last 18months( ave30mpg) i was getting bored, I wanted a manual again.

What a total different drive the coupe is, proper involving drive, a gearbox you have to work, it's what I had been yearning for... I love the tune of the petrol, the car rewards the drivers at all levels, noise, pace, handling etc....but it ain't as quick as the D, but I ain't bothered by this, it's not total pace that drew me to the coupe, the ride is just as hard but not crashy like the Touring, (same tyres)....I don't have to dodge the potholes quite so much, I have the professional dab radio which is a big improvement on the business set up,

the coupe has ave 25 mpg over the 1st 300 miles, so looking forward to many more.

So two very different cars, both pretty brilliant 335's IMO.
Happy motoring
Appreciate 0