View Single Post
      12-01-2007, 10:17 AM   #2
Grumpa72
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripster View Post
TPM keeps telling me I've got a flat. First time a month ago, second time a week ago, and again last night.

1) Is it advisable to repair RFTs?

Yes! No! Yes according to some folks and dealers provided the sidewall is not the issue (obviously not a problem in your case) or you haven't compromised the sidewall by driving on a flat tire. No, according the owner's manual. My vote is for the first repsonse, provided that the shop pulls the tire off of the rim, does a visual inspection of the interior and patches the leak with an internal patch and a plug

2) Best to get dealer or any tire shop to do this?
I have read some posts here where dealers AND tire shops won't touch a RFT with a leak. Others will.

I don't have Wheel and Tire warranty, so I have to do this out of pocket and I'd like to be cheap. Car is my wife's and we still get along, so safety first please!
If you check the archives, one of the first responses will be that folks will ask if you have checked your tire pressure yet. Have you? What is it telling you? Have you pulled the tire and visually inspected it? You have been driving with a tire pressure warning for more than a month and haven't done anything about it?
Appreciate 0