View Single Post
      09-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #14
QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Well it doesn't seem like there is much interest, Its not going to be worth designing, test fitting and making
the parts if nobody is going to want a set.

The only thing I need to confirm is if how it sits currently fits, depth into grill. If not I could shave down a little
as we have room to push into the door more currently were at like 40mm of 52mm max.

Whats cool is this is made from a stock speaker ( so we all have these ) or if you dont want to mess with your
stock speakers used speakers could be purchased for cheap and save your stocks.

Last night I was hanging with my friend who would be the one doing the drawings etc. I showed him exactly
what we had previously talked about etc and from finally seeing my idea he said :
Quote:
Once you get the fitment right ( depth in grill ) you could bond the two together with Loctite H8600

Loctite H8600 Speedbonder Structural Adhesive ( you click to read more info ).

Let that sit for 24 hours and the two parts are as good as being welded together, After this you can bolt in just like the stock piece and it will be rock solid.

I may try this and keep everyone posted, This could be a low cost option that would satisfy the requirements of a clean cheap permanent install.
It took me 5 mins to find 2 speakers on eBay for under $40 and 15 mins with a dremel.

In the case study on the site they have used this to secure metal shelving to plastic walls in vans for shelving.
Case Study Loctite® H8600™ Speedbonder™ Adhesive Eliminates Through-Bolting in Van Body Assembly

If it can do this there is no reason it cant work for minor securing of speaker adaptors.

Last edited by QUiKSR20; 09-02-2012 at 11:28 PM..
Appreciate 0